Sunday, November 30, 2008

Reading and Writing about Comics ala McCloud, Part 2

After glancing at a few of the comics that our class mates chose, I found one that was interesting to me. It was Alena's post about the comic Croaker's Gorge by Steven Ogden. That cartoon was funny to me because it was pretty much the way I grew up. I used to live in the city, then my mother made us move out into the country when I was about 10 years old. Being a kid, I would rather sit inside and play games with my friends online or on the console, than go outside and play in the corn. The comic she found was funny because of this reason, it directly related to me and my experiences growing up. It's also funny that the kid just goes outside to play the game instead of doing some sort of nature activity outside.
I agree with her statements relating the comic to McClouds Subject to Subject transistion. You can clearly see it in the comic strip scene that she specifically adresses. It's also clear to see the time changes that the strip goes through while the charachter is walking. She did a good job explaining and relating the comic strip to McCloud's writing.

No comments: